We are looking for a Security Engineer to grow our rapidly expanding Security team here at Asana. You will be working with the Security and Infrastructure teams to implement detection and response capabilities and application security tools, reviewing designs for security flaws, and triaging security findings.
The Security team ensures that Asana's users and employees are safe from malicious activity and accidental disclosure. We build the systems and tools that enable the rest of Asana to develop secure software easily. We're focused on secure-by-default frameworks, least privilege access, detection and alerting, and eliminating bug classes.
What you’ll achieve
- Designing, building, and maintaining our security infrastructure, including our detection and response capabilities, IAM, and secrets management
- Developing processes, code, or systems that mitigate and prevent infrastructure breaches
- Building secure-by-default infrastructure for the rest of Engineering to use
- Helping teams working on our newest features and technologies to be sure they are secure
- Working with researchers through our bounty program
- Review new designs and give other feedback
- Know your way around AWS infrastructure
- Solid programming skills
- Familiar with detection and response infrastructure like AWS CloudTrail, audit, stream-alert, and Elasticsearch
- You’re interested in building defenses against real world attacks
- Able to balance diverse risk when making decision
Asana is a leading work management platform, helping more than 70,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries organize and manage all of their work, including AB-InBev, Airbnb, AllBirds, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, NASA, Panera, Sephora, Uber, Viessmann Group and Vox Media. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Vancouver, and Reykjavík, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative people to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.