Are you a creative problem solver who can both give and receive feedback? Do you enjoy working with inclusion, collaboration and openness?
At Anaplan, we are looking for self-motivated Software Engineers to join our growing Engineering team in York. This is an opportunity for you to work for a high-growth company that is leading the way in enterprise planning. We look for exceptional Engineers of all levels, regardless of your language(s) of choice - smart, passionate people who believe in simplicity, agility and performance and can choose and use the best tools for the job.
In the role of Senior Software Engineer you will be working on the foundations of our products, both current and future, with scale and performance at the forefront of everything you do.
What Will You Learn?
We offer motivated Software Engineers the chance to improve their knowledge and stay at the forefront of technology. Our Senior Software Engineers leverage:
- Leading techniques such as reactive programming using the best technologies appropriately: you will find us using Rust, Kotlin and Java on top of compute managed by Kubernetes.
- Domain specific languages and model driven engineering to expose clean but expressive interfaces.
- Hybrid cloud infrastructure to supply our product with the resources it needs to best meet our customer requirements.
- Java's concurrency primitives to prevent blocked threads and optimise garbage collection activity.
- Knowledge of the whole system stack, from hardware, operating system, multiple languages and virtualisation techniques through to the network.
What Will You Do?
On any given day as a Senior Software Engineer you may find yourself:
- Pairing with your colleagues to build everything from rapid prototypes to highly testable and tested platform capabilities.
- Considering the implementation of functionality through several distributed components and services.
- Working with our stakeholders to translate product goals into prioritised platform requirements.
- Planning and architecting changes such that they minimise risk to the platform and its consumers.
- Take responsibility for communicating your decisions, successes and failures.
- Coaching and collaborating with other platform and product engineers to share experience and deliver value.
- Creating patents and papers around our innovative solutions.
- Pushing the JVM to the limits!
What is Anaplan Like?
Anaplan is driving a new age of Connected Planning. Large and fast-growing organisations use Anaplan’s cloud platform in every business function to make better-informed plans and decisions and drive faster, more effective planning processes.
Our current platform already holds terabytes of customer information, in-memory, in the cloud, to enable rapid analysis across a wide range of variables and scenarios. The entire company is excited to take that up several orders of magnitude.
We have a long list of incredible benefits and offer highly competitive packages – we’re serious about attracting the best technologists in the industry. We’ll also offer you a rewarding career with a company that values diversity and invests in you.