Brave is on a mission to save privacy on the web. We make a web browser which protects privacy by blocking tracking by default, right out of the box. We offer completely private ads (opt-in!) as an alternative to the invasive surveillance online so that you can directly contribute to the sites you visit and appreciate.
Our roughly 100-person team orbits a “main” office of about 30 in San Francisco with smaller clusters or individual contributors spread around the world. Our work style combines an in-person culture in the SF office with remote-inclusive practices emphasizing live conversations by video call and fast and slow chat on Slack. Brave’s technical life is centered around GitHub, where we design, deliver, and document our work.
Brave is a start-up, and we have the ability to change plans quickly in response to new information or circumstances. This means that new needs can emerge on short notice, and projects are often re-mixed and adjusted in response to new input.
About the Role
Brave is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to work on critical backend systems.
- 5+ years experience with backend application development
- Experience with software development via distributed development teams
- Comfortable working in an open source setting
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven record of getting things done
- Experience with Go, Rust, RabbitMQ and various AWS technologies
- Knowledge of data warehousing techniques and technologies
- Familiarity with the world of cryptocurrency
Brave is a proud equal opportunity employer.