Our Tech Lead will lead the Engineering team to deliver on the Tech Roadmap and create a high quality, functional and customer focused Product (web app and mobile app). You will be part of the company's Leadership team, work closely with the founders and report nto the CEO. You will lead the team to continuously improve and accomplish more by managing processes and resources to ensure maximum results. This role is for someone who will (and loves to) to get their hands dirty in code as well as lead a team to deliver on targets and work with the Leadership team to set and achieve long term goals.
What you will be doing:
- Enable our business to scale through technology - working with the Head of Product and Founders on developing and delivering our Product Roadmap.
- Own the code and health of our tech - deep and growing understanding of how to effectively tool our code for scale. Understand and apply principles to effectively test, track, log, monitor, and evaluate the ongoing quality of our product.
- Provide technical guidance and direction including architecture and implementation of system
- Define processes, establishing best practices and technical standards amongst the engineering team
- You are deeply technical and detail oriented, you will make decisions and solve problems about architecture, devops, testing and code quality.
- This is a hands on role, where you will roll your sleeves up and get into the code.
- Effectively engage with Product and other teams to collaborate on good technical decisions with a deep level of understanding of the impact of those decisions.
- Set and achieve success metrics for the engineering team
- Lead the Engineering team - Recruit, retain and develop A players
Who are you:
- You are a big picture thinker but love to get into the details. A hustler and problem solver, you are as comfortable writing code as you are running learning sessions, coaching your team, explaining complex issues and working on long-term product strategy.
- You are both tech obsessed AND customer obsessed. You aren’t distracted by new and shiny technology and are focused on delivering a great experience for our customers, playing to the strengths of your team and achieving business goals.
- Are a great communicator both inside and outside the technical team - you are clear and concise and you speak plainly and truthfully, which has gained you a great reputation as a manager, leader and teammate.
- You are a team player and will stand up for what you believe is the best for the business rather than for yourself or your team, also knowing where to support others and when to back down.
- You know about and appreciate that good devops makes for speed and agility
We expect you to have:
- Experience of successfully taking a product to scale and expansion
- 8+ years of development experience, with 1-2 years in a leadership capacity
- Knowledge of Docker; Node.js; React; React Native; Rust; Ruby on Rails (nice to have)
- Experience recruiting and developing an engineering team
- A strong technical background, comprehensive understanding of engineering roles and agile process. With the ability to break down and communicate technical and complex problems
- Good instincts matched with deep analytical thinking. You're comfortable defining and tracking key business and usage success metrics.
- Experience achieving and exceeding goals through your perseverance, determination and strong work ethic
- Complete our migration to Microservices/Hybrid architecture
- Improve team efficiency and scalability through process implementation and best practices
- Implement machine learning into our improved matching algorithms
- Recruit, retain and develop an A-grade engineering team to achieve their goals
**Can sponsor for PR if you are already in Australia